One of LDCVS’s key responsibilities is the management of the Voluntary Car Scheme.
It is funded entirely by Staffordshire County Council and it is they who set the guidelines and policies on how the scheme will operate.
The scheme provides transport for people who need to make essential journeys but have no other way of doing so, it is dependent on the time given by volunteer clerical staff and volunteer drivers, who not only give their time, but also provide their own cars.
Quite simply if you are eligible and need transport to take you on an essential journey, for example, to the doctor’s surgery, ring the Lichfield and District Voluntary Car Scheme who will endeavour to make the arrangements. The driver will collect you from your home, take you to your destination and will return you to your home. Although every effort is made to provide a driver this may not always be possible.
- Passengers who wish to use the Voluntary Car Scheme for the first time will need to register.
- This can be done quite easily at the time of making the first request for transport
- Passengers will have to make a payment towards the cost of the travel. Advice will be given on the current charges when booking
- Journeys should be booked as early as possible; we need at least four days notice to make the transport arrangements. Please tell us if you have any particular needs
- Journeys involving other passengers may be combined so that several passengers may travel together