Joy Biddell, our Volunteer Centre Co-ordinator, is responsible for maintaining the volunteer brokerage / placement service, along with her team of Volunteer Duty Officers. They can usually be contacted Tuesdays to Fridays between 10.00am and 3.00pm.
The Volunteer Centre works closely with members of the local community who wish to volunteer with voluntary, community, public and private sector organisations in need of assistance in the Lichfield District area.
We have provided a much valued and successful professional service for more than 12 years from our prime high street location.We receive in excess of 1000 enquiries and applications from potential volunteers expressing an interest in our high quality volunteering opportunities. Are YOU interested in volunteering YOUR skills, experience and enthusiasm to benefit YOUR community?
- “I definitely find the information you give us very helpful. I am the person responsible for filling out grant forms to try and get money for various projects, particularly currently refurbishing our hall – I couldn’t do without you.”
Julie Nicholas, 1st Lichfield Scout Troop
- “We decided to arrange for an independent third sector organisation to audit the charity and provide guidance on sustainability for the future. The report was extremely positive and encouraging and provided a useful platform for taking the organisation forward.”
Ian North, Chair, Harvey Girls
- “We welcome the Directory For Older & Vulnerable Adults and our inclusion in it.”
Gill Wyatt, Chief Officer, Carers Association Southern Staffordshire
- “We have not yet come up with a problem that CVS could not solve.”
Meeting Point village community group at Handsacre with Armitage
- “The professional atmosphere at Mansell House suits me very well as a counsellor. The rooms I use are suitable for confidential work and the flexibility to book them to suit my work is exactly what I need.”
Anne Nankivell, Counsellor
- “I would like to record our thanks for the support that CVS provides our organisation with the printing, labelling and enveloping of over 300 copies of our Newsletter and Programme which is prodcued three times a year.”
David Harrison, Communication Officer, Lichfield University of the Third Age
- “I feel much more confident in partnership meetings knowing that I have the strength of the network behind me.”
Kathy Coe, Director, Pathway Project and Voluntary Voice Representative
- “If we had to employ someone to administer our payroll it would cost a great deal more and would divert precious resources away from service delivery.”
Treasurer, South Staffordshire Network for Mental Health